Tax Certificates are legal documents from Vulcan County indicating the financial status of taxes for a particular property. These are typically used by lawyers and banking institutions as a confirmation of tax balances; however, these are also available to the landowners of the property.
To order a tax certificate please submit a request either by:
- Online through Virtual County Hall
- Email request to email@example.com
- Fax request to 403-485-2920
- Mail request to Vulcan County, Box 180, Vulcan AB T0L 2B0
- Bring request in by person at 102 Centre Street, Vulcan, Alberta
When submitting a tax certificate request, please include the following:
- Contact information, including name and phone number
- Legal land locations for all properties being requested
- File reference number (if applicable)
- Fee Payment
All Certificates are either emailed or faxed upon completion, with the original being mailed.
Please note that the Tax Certificates are only processed once payment is received. We accept Credit Card/ Cheque/ Money Order/ Cash/ E-Transfer. Tax Certificates are $30.00 per titled parcel. Fees are outlined in our current Fees for Service Bylaw, to view this Bylaw, please see our Fees for Service Bylaw section. If you are a registered landowner on title for the property, the tax certificates and other tax information is available to you at no charge.
Vulcan County strives to complete requests within 1 – 5 business days once the request and payment has been received.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact our Office at 403-485-2241.