Enforcement Services

Vulcan County Peace Officers are not trained or appointed to investigate criminal code offences. Residents must contact their local RCMP to report a criminal offence

  • Vulcan RCMP Complaint Line: 403-485-2267
  • Emergency: 9-1-1

Community Peace Officers

Vulcan County Community Peace Officers (CPO’s) operate under the authority of the Peace Officer Act and have the authority to enforce specific provincial statutes throughout the County including:

  • Traffic Safety Act & Regulations
  • Gaming, Liquor and Cannabis Act
  • Animal Protection Act
  • Dangerous Dogs Act
  • Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act
  • Trespass to Premises Act

Each CPO is required to meet and maintain a high standard of qualifications and certification, which ensures the effective and professional delivery of enforcement services within the County.  Our CPO’s work collaboratively with partner law enforcement agencies in our region, which include the RCMP, Alberta Sheriffs, and other municipal CPO agencies to provide an enhanced level of municipal law enforcement services.