Road Transportation Policies
Vulcan County has experienced extensive operating and maintenance costs as a result of persons constructing fences or depositing materials within the road allowances. Fences, rocks, etc. within a road allowance present a safety hazard, which may result in serious injury or loss of life and property.
- Section 43 (1) of the Public Highways Development Act prohibits a person from constructing any type of structure or depositing any material on a highway.
- Section 43 (3) permits the County to remove the obstruction or material and invoice the person responsible regardless of a conviction being registered.
- A person who contravenes subsection (1) is guilty of an offence and punishable by way of Summary Conviction.
- Upon conviction, the Court will impose a fine, which may include the cost of removal of the obstruction or material.
- Vulcan County Enforcement Officer requests your cooperation in identifying persons responsible, for making our roads safer.
Click below to view:
Problem areas of the County will be identified and violators will be prosecuted.