2023 Tax Notices Have Been Mailed
On May 25th, 2023, the 2023 Combined Assessment and Tax Notices were mailed. The following are some important dates to remember:
- Effective Assessment Date – June 1st, 2023
- Assessment Appeal Deadline – July 31st, 2023
- Payment Due Date – July 31st, 2023
If you do not receive a copy of your tax notice by June 30th, 2023, please contact Vulcan County to obtain a copy. If you are a new property owner in Vulcan County, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 403-485-2241 to ensure we have the correct contact information on file for your property.
There are many ways you can pay your taxes, including several non-contact ways that are easy and do not require you to come to the County Administration Building. These payment options include:
- Online Virtual County Hall (VCH) – NEW option ;
- Online Banking or in-person at your bank;
- E-Transfer to email@example.com including either Owner# of Tax Roll# in the memo;
- Applying for County’s Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPPs);
- Cheque or Money Order sent through the mail (must be postmarked before July 31st); and/or
- In-person payment by cheque, direct debit, or cash at the County Administration building.
Additional information on payment options is found on the back of your tax notice.
NOTE: If you are paying by cheque or in person, please include the bottom return portion of the Tax Notice (includes reference to accounts) to ensure your payment is applied to the correct account(s).
Penalties for Late Payment: Bylaw 2022-008 notes a 6% penalty will be charged on August 1st, and a 3% penalty will be charged October 1st and December 1st on the current year’s taxes. A 12% penalty is charged January 1st on all outstanding taxes, costs, and penalties.
If you have questions, please visit our website at www.vulcancounty.ab.ca, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 403-485-2241.