Blue-Green Algae Advisory: Twin Valley Reservoir
AHS has issued a blue-green algae advisory for the Twin Valley Reservoir. Residents living near the shore and visitors to the reservoir are advised to take the following precautions:
- Avoid all contact with cyanobacterial blooms.
- Do not swim or wade or allow your pets to swim or wade in any areas where cyanobacteria is visible.
- Do not feed whole fish or fish trimmings from this reservoir to your pets.
- Consider limiting human consumption of whole fish and fish trimmings from this reservoir, as it is known that fish may store toxins in their liver. (People can safely consume fish fillets from this reservoir).
- Do not use water contaminated with cyanobacteria to water edible plants. This is particularly important for plants with edible parts exposed to the ground surface (such as cabbage, lettuce, tomatoes, and other salad vegetables).
For more information, please visit the AHS Website Advisory.